Had unprotected sex, need to know if pregnant.

Patient

Q: I'm 17. Had unprotected sex on the 18th of this month. He did not ejaculate in me but he rubbed his precum on my vagina. I have read that some men bare sperms in their precum which could cause pregnancy. My periods were due 21st. It's 24th today and I have't got my periods yet. If I took an i-pill will it help? Since the internet says an i-pill should be taken within 72 hours after an unprotected sex. Also, it said it is advisable to take an i-pill for only women between the ages 25-45. So will I be asked for a doctor's prescription if I were to buy an i-pill from any local medical store?

Waiting in anticipation for a reply.

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
Precum may or may not have spermatozoa. It all depends on how the boys body works. If the male partner had an ejaculation just a while ago say an hour or two before and does not pee before he had the second ejaculation during that time the precum may have spermatozoa. But it cannot be ruled out that percum will not have sperms at all. It is possible for the precum to have sperms enough to make a girl pregnant but generally it is unlikely to happen. I pill works only if taken within 72 hours after a sexual intercourse and is not affective if taken afterwards. I pill can be taken by any women of child bearing age to avoid un wanted pregnancy because it is always advisable to prevent pregnancy than to opt for an abortion. It is advisable that you go for a home pregnancy test if you don’t get periods even after 7-10 days past your menstrual cycle date. Just confirm according to country’s rules & regulations if I-pill can be procured across the counter without a prescription.

Hope that answers your query.
Good day.

Guest: I had unprotected sex. My boyfriend did not finish inside me, he finished it in the bathroom, though he had pre-cum. Durning sex he had a piece of toilet paper and kept cleaning the pre-cum every few times.The next morning i was so nervous i might be pregnant, so i went to get Plan B and took it. May i be pregnant even thought i took Plan B and he did not finished inside me?