Hair Change - Left Side Limp vs Right Side Curls

Patient

Q: Although I have healthy hair, over the past 9 months the hair on one side of my head, literally right down the middle, has changed dramatically from the other side. The right side curls perfectly as always while the left side has developed a mind of its own and cannot keep the curl, deciding to hang limply and straight, in contrast to the curly right side. The limp effect takes anywhere from a few hours to overnight. It truly looks bizarre, like I merged a photograph from two different days of hairstyles. The right side, on the other hand, remains curly for days until I wash it. What's going on?

NOTE - I have very curly hair to begin with but first straighten then curl with a Chi iron for a smooth and glossy effect.

SOLUTIONS TRIED
I have not found a solution. I simply retouch it. When I'm lucky I only need to retouch in the morning. Other days, a few times a day - depending on how limp the left side of my head would like to be at any given time...

If my hair wasn't healthy I would think perhaps I'm damaging it somehow, but I have exceptionally healthy hair so I'm not sure what to try...

Doctor