Hair dye allergic reaction, please help.

Patient: I dyed my hair 5 days ago and had a severe allergic reaction. I entire scalp is very tender and feels raw. It is painful and has ALOT of drainage. There are also little fluid filled bumps around my neck and face. I started to develop flu-like symptoms 2 days after my dye and it hasn’t gone away yet. I have tried DTM’s and Advil but it has not worked. What should I do to relieve the pain and drainage?

Doctor: There could be a possibility of infection to be present along with the allergic reaction, however consultation with a de rmatologist would help identify the condition, for early and immediate treatment to prevent any complications and spread of any infection if present.

Advertisement