Hair Fall - Shampoo or Brylcreem

Q: Does using shampoo or brylcreem (not the gel), cause hair loss?

A:   Thank you for your question. There are certain shampoos or hair products which your scalp may be sensitive to and can result hair loss. Using excessive amounts of hair styling products can actually cause drying of the scalp, and make the hair brittle and prone to breakage and falling. It is recommended with any hair products, only a sparing amount is used in order to prevent hair loss. Furthermore, it is important to avoid using hair styling products containing alcohol as this can cause excessive drying of the scalp and removal of the natural oils of the hair which prevent drying and breakage of the hair. Please be guided accordingly.

Thank you for choosing us for your health question.