Hair loss

Patient

Q: Hello,
I have been using propecia and minoxil 15% for slight receding hair line for about 2 years. It works well and also helps to some degree with facial hair which has always been on the light side.

It may sound vain but I have heard of oral minoxidil called Loniten. I read on a forum that 5mg is excellent for beard and hair growth, however their are side affects.

I am concerned about taking it knowing my body does not need it. Are the side effects really that harmful by taking a small dose and will the long term affects be dangerous in reality.

Hope you can help and look forwardto hearing

James

Doctor