x
184 Physicians Online

Question:

Hair Loss and Vitamin Deficiencies

Does Hair loss attributed to Anemia and Vitamins deficiencies regrow when getting back a balanced diet? and is Centrum a good medicine at balancing my diet?!

Answer:

There are certain vitamins & minerals like biotin, vitamin B, vitamin A & E, zinc and pantothenic acids that help in maintaining a healthy scalp and hair regeneration. Vitamin deficiency can certainly attribute to hair loss but is most likely only if there is a underlying malabsorption disorder, illness or major surgery. Hormonal problems may cause hair loss. If your thyroid gland is overactive or underactive, your hair may fall out. Finally, hair loss may occur as part of an underlying disease, such as lupus or diabetes. Centrum is a good medicine supplement to but should not replace a health and balanced diet in the first place.

Guest Says: Hello

I'm Pranee from Sydney

I recently moved to Sydney 4 months before

I'm having excess hair fall these days...

I never had or have any health issues so far.

Could you please suggest a medicine for controlling hair fall

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Patrick Golden M.D.

• Board Certified Cardiologist
  • Founder AskTheDoctor.com
  • Practices in Fresno, CA