Hair loss because of permanent chemical straightening.

Q: I am Sruthi, 20 years old. I have hair loss because of straightening.I had a thick, wavy and curly hair. I happened to do permanent straightening 4 months back and i am facing a severe hair loss. Kindly help me and suggest some remedy. Should i have biotin tablets or something else. Is this hair fall permanent?

Symptoms:  Scalp pain, some heat boils in scalp

A:   Hello, Thanks for the query.
I would not recommend you to undergo perming or straightening frequently. It destroys the layer of hair because of chemical or heat injury. If you are having some boils over scalp, use an antiseptic like Savlon lotion as a shampoo, leave it for 2 minutes & rinse. Yes you can take Biotin & calcium pentothenate tablets regularly.
I would recommend you to visit your dermatologist for further treatment plan.