Hair pulled during an attack

Patient

Q: However, it isn't visible. My hair looks fine from the outside but my scalp kind of hurts right now. It has a very very slight burning sensation in those areas and apparently my wife told me that the scalp was slightly red.

Yesterday, when I ran my fingers through those areas, a lot more fell out than usual. Like 2 or 3 per swipe.

I am concerned that this weakened or damaged my hair scalp/follicle because it was pulled in clumps (or tried to) so it did more damage than pulling out one by one. Should I be worried? Will this lead to hairloss in my crown area because it weakened my scalp?

Thank you very much for the help.

Doctor