Hairfall prevention and cure

Patient

Q: Hi,
I'm 24 year old and I'm suffering from hair fall since 4 years now.
It started when I switched to a different city for studies, which I didn't pay
much attention then but now it's gone to dangerous levels. I got shaved
for that reason earlier this year but to no use. It's still continuing and I'm
afraid I'll totally lose it by a year or so. The pattern is similar to "male baldness".
I am not sure as to if it is genetic.

Please help me on this to control and prevent and if possible to regenerate.
Also if it helps my hair has become thinner since the last time I shaved.

Symptoms:  Hair loss over top of my head mainly i don't notice drastic changes in the temple area.
Doctor