Hairloss and also hypothyroid

Patient: I have hairfall problem from november,2014. my hairs suddenly started falling and became thin.i am hypothyroid(tsh-18 on 28/12/14) and have much dandruff in my hairs.my eating habits were also not good bcoz i was in hostel this time.i m taking 100mcg thyronorm frm 28/12/14. how to cure my hairfall and thin hairs? one dermatologist asked me to take 10 mg biotin daily.no hair r coming on left and right side of head and front hairs hve also bcome thin. age-18,male. i m using ketomac ketoconazole 2% for dandruff frm 1 week..but its not going(dandruff).i left the tablets thats why my tsh got increased.

Symptoms: No hair growth,thin hair,dry hair,hair fall…..hve bcome very curly

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.As per details, it seems that you are suffering from a condition called Androgeneti c alopecia. It is due to male hormones like testosterone.It leads to thinning of hair and subsequent fall usually involving frontal, temporal area.In such cases, I prefer to advise topical minoxidil and oral finasteride.For dandruff, ketoconazole shampoo is advised to be used twice a week.Visit your Doctor and share my opinion with him.I hope it helps. Take care.