Hand warts - what are treatment options?

Patient

Q: I have warts on my hands and i cannot get rid of them and they keep spreading around my hands. how can i get rid of them for good?

Doctor

A:   Warts are caused by human papillomavirus (HPV) and is extremely common in young adults. Common warts can be contagious and can spread through cuts in the skin or walking barefoot in public areas. Many common warts don't require treatment, they usually disappear on their own. Salicylic acid, an over the counter medication can be used. You could also see your doctor for using liquid nitrogen therapy. Most warts may recur and may require multiple therapy sitting.