Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hands touched sperm and washed, Am i at risk?

Hands touched sperm and washed, Am i at risk?

Patient: Hi, I’m 15 years , female, and still a virgin.Yesterday my boyfriend accidentally got sperm on my hand and right after I thoroughly washed my hands. He also washed his hands before he touched my “private area”. Later when I got home I touched myself. Should I be afraid of pregnancy?

Symptoms: None.

Doctor: Hello,thanks for contacting askthe doctor.comIt is unlikely that you would be pregnant as sperms are sensitive to detergents and soap during handwashing and they disintegrate completely .Also handwashing allows the sperms to be washed off , so if you touched your private parts after 15 min then it is unlikely that you should be pregnant.I hope i have answered your query,wishing you safe sexual practices and good health,regards