Ask The Doctor > Pending > Hanging “bulb” from vaginal area

Hanging “bulb” from vaginal area

Patient: I have a pink/red flesh colored ball hanging inside my vagina. I can’t really tell if it’s hanging from my vaginal opening or more so my urethral opening. The best way I can describe it is it looks like the uvula that hangs in your throat. I noticed it after intercourse yesterday, which has been painful for me lately (I never check myself out down there even though I should, so who knows how long it’s been there). It doesn’t hurt to touch. In fact when I touch it I don’t feel anything.For a while now I have been having strange vaginal discharge that has an unpleasant smell. I also have frequent UTI’s and I recently went to the hospital for stomach pains. They did a CT Scan and didn’t see anything but said there was infection and blood in my urine. He gave me antibiotics and sent me on my way.My current symptoms are similar to a UTI but not as intense, along with pain in my lower back on the right side.The fact that I have this thing hanging from my vaginal area is scary. What might it be and what type of doctor should I see?

Symptoms: Back pain, constant urge to urinate but can’t, feels as if I have a tampon in when I do not

Doctor: