x
Browse
188 Physicians Online

Question:

Hard and non painful testicular lump

Hi, I currently have a pea sized lump on on my testicle, it feels hard and isnt painful. I have had it for about 2 years and i had it checked out a year ago and was told it was a cyst but it asnt grown or disapeared. I am unable to visit a doctor right now as work away at sea, is it something i should get double checked asap or is it more then likely just a cyst. The ball-lump moves twirls around a set point. Many thanks

Answer:

Typically any cyst would feel soft on palpation.A testicular tumor on the other hand is usually hard and non painfull. It is a common malignancy especially in your age group and as a rule any solid testicular mass in young males a testicular tumor needs to be ruled out. They are highly curable but need to be detected soon. I would advice you to get it checked sooner than later.All the best.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA