Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hard erections only in morning

Hard erections only in morning

Patient: Hi. Im 20yo. I have a problem with my erection. Its hard as a stone in the morning. It gets up randomly and I can barely get it down. But when in comes to sex it is just not working. At foreplay I cant get it up as hard as I would want to. Its like 30% hard all the time. And when it comes to intercourse it gets harder but I immiadiately cum. Whats the problem ?

Symptoms: Soft penis. Erection problems. Cum before intercourse

Doctor: Thank you for your question. There are two main categories under which erectile dysfunction can be classified: psycholog ical and medical. You haven’t provided us with a detailed history of your erectile dysfunction so we will only be able to provide you with possibilities as to what could be causing your problem.As psychological far as psychological causes of erectile dysfunction are concerned, anxiety and depression are among two of the major causes. Furthermore, excess stress could also contribute to erectile dysfunction.There are several medical causes of erectile dysfunction. It is possible that chronic illnesses such as diabetes, hyperlipidemia, and hypertension could precipitate erectile dysfunction. Secondly, kidney disease and neurological disease can effect circulation and innervation of the penile tissue, resulting in erectile dysfunction. Lastly, problems with the prostate including benign prostate hyperplasia or prostate cancer.We recommend that you visit your doctor to be examined for these possible causes of your erectile dysfunction.Thank you for choosing Askthedoctor.com