Hard lump on shoulder

Patient: Hi. I have a lump on my scapula near the top and near my shoulder. I went to the doctor who said that this was my scapula beginning to protrude due to weak muscles.The lump I feel is firm and moves with the bone. It has been there for about two years and has recently been growing in size and can be uncomfortable if pressed on.I might be more inclined to believe my doctor if it weren’t for the fact that i can’t for the life of me find that same bumb on the other side.I can’t help but feel like she is wrong in this diagnosis.Second opinion?

Symptoms: Shoulder lump, heart palpitations

Doctor: HiThanks for your queryI have gone through your query and understand your concern.If you has difference in pro trusion of both scapula then it can be benign enlargement such as exostosis. It can be confirmed by x ray . It may require excision if painful.Second possibility is that it is spine of scapula which is more visible due to weak muscles. It is normal.Your doctor may be right.Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care