Hard lump on top of knee

Patient

Q: I'm 19 years old and training for the army. I have lump on the bottom of my knee cap. It started off very small, probably the size of a grain of rice but has now grown to about the size of a large pea but slightly spread out. It's very hard, almost like bone and does not move. It isn't painful. I think around the time it started I hit my knee cap riding my bike.

I've also have a doll pain down the outer side of my knee and just above the knee. I've had this for about 2 years but doesn't really bother me.

I have no pain from running or any pain inside the actual knee

Doctor