Hard, painful knot on lower back causing radiating pain.

Q: I have a small bulge on my lower back about 2 inches to the right of my spine. It will get aggravated occasionally and flare up causing pain in that area as well as pain radiating down my right leg. I've seen 3 doctors and they usually just feel of it and one has done an x-ray. I've been told it's probably just a fatty tumor or an aggravated muscle. The knot is hard and about the size of a golf ball. Should it be a thing I am concerned about and seek yet another opinion or should I dismiss it like the other doctors have?

Symptoms:  Pain in lower back sometimes radiating into the right leg

A:   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
It seems you have developed Disc Prolapse of the lumbosacral spine.
So the Nerve compression is causing the tingling in your legs.
I would advise you to get an MRI LS spine done. If the compression is severe you might require surgery.
Medical management includes use of drugs like Pregabalin and Methylcobalamine.
Apply Diclofenac gel locally over then affected area.
I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.