Hard time breathing but no asthma

Q: I have hard time breathing in...and i feel like my chest is getting tight and it's getting harder to breath, also when i stand up i feel like i'm gonna faint for like 3 seconds and i can't see anything but then it goes away and i had asthma once a really long time ago but i never had it since then.. What can that be??
Thank you in advance!

Symptoms:  Coughing, hard time breathing, zoning out for like 3-6 seconds, headaches, red eyes

A:   Thank you for your question. We are sorry you are experiencing such distressing symptoms. Based on your medical history as well as your current symptoms it is possible that you may be suffering from exacerbation of Asthma. It is possible for asthma to reoccur at any point in time, once you have been diagnosed with it. When this occurs, it is important to have your albuterol inhaler on hand in order to assist in treating these symptoms. If you do not have an inhaler, or have not had your asthma evaluated in some time, we recommend that you promptly return to your doctor for a full evaluation.

Another possible cause of your of your difficulty breathing could be related to a more serious lung or heart condition. In particular, potentially life threatening conditions such as myocardial ischemia, pulmonary embolisms, and pleural effusions can cause your symtoms. For this reason we strongly recommend, that you go to our nearest emergency department to undergo a prompt and through evaluation.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com