Hard yellow lip surface on most of bottom lip.

Q: I had oral sex two days before I got a bump on my lip line. (gum and mouth) it was white as a start out color and soon after it started to get bigger in size. I was also picking my lips constantly even when they would bleed. The bump became yellow soon after and stopped swelling. It then got a dent in it and got sticky. Also from me picking my lips on most of my bottom lip got sore and got a white patch on it as well. Soon after that turned yellow, very hard and crusted. It really hurts. The one on my hipline doesn't hurt. The only one that hurts is my whole lip. it also has a brown surface in the middle of my lip over the yellow. It also tingles. I can't squeeze my bottom lip because its tight and hurts. It's also swollen. I also had two more small bumps under the surface appear on my lip line near the other one and near the yellow an brown scab is. What could it be? I did go to the doctor and she stated it could be a fever blister from stress or a Herpes simplex virus. What is it?

Symptoms:  Stinging, tingling, pain. Hard surface. Not able to squeeze lips at all.

A:   Hi.
Welcome to ATD. Thanks for the query.

Herpes simplex viruses, commonly known as herpes -- are of two types: herpes type 1 (HSV-1 or oral herpes) and herpes type 2 (HSV-2 or genital herpes). Most commonly, Herpes type 1 causes sores around the mouth and lips (sometimes called fever blisters or cold sores). HSV-1 can cause genital herpes, but most cases of genital herpes are caused by herpes type 2. In HSV-2, the infected person may have sores around the genitals or rectum. Although HSV-2 sores may occur in other locations, these sores usually are found below the waist.
Genital herpes is a STD caused by two types of viruses. The viruses are called herpes simplex type 1 and herpes simplex type 2.
You can get herpes by having vaginal, anal, or oral sex with someone who has the disease.
Fluids found in a herpes sore carry the virus, and contact with those fluids can cause infection. You can also get herpes from an infected sex partner who does not have a visible sore or who may not know he or she is infected because the virus can be released through your skin and spread the infection to your sex partner(s).

There is no cure for herpes simplex. Once a person has the virus, it remains in the body. The virus lies inactive in the nerve cells until something triggers it to become active again.

Hope this helps you.