Hardness along bikini line/pelvic area

Patient : Hardness along bikini line - bulging. I have noticed suddenly a few days ago that the area along my bikini line (below my stomach, above the pubic hair line, straight across) is bulging out a bit more than it used to, and this area feels hard when I press on it, not soft like belly fat. It is not a lump or bulge - the entire area along the line is straight across sticking out a little more than it used to and feels harder than your average fat. I am not sure what could cause this. I have no other symptoms. I do not know if this area will naturally bulge out and be hard due to weight gain, which is a possibility, or other reasons. What could this be?
Symptoms:  -swelling/bulging of the pelvic area only along the bikini line, straight across