Have a head cold and my nose was bleeding alot

Patient : Have a head cold and my nose was bleeding alot then it stopped and got another one later on in the day, its May 31
Doctor :   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you. Nose bleed known as Epistaxis occurs commonly due to following r easons: 1. Sinusitis 2. Nasal Polyposis 3. High Blood pressure 4. Bleeding disorders. So, I would advise you to see an ENT Specialist. He would examine you for any Nasal Polyposis. If not found, he would get following investigations done: 1. X-ray PNS Water View 2. Platelet count 3. Bleeding and Clotting Time. 4. Check your Blood pressure. If you are found to have sinusitis, I would advise following: 1. To do steam inhalation 4-6 times a day. 2. To take anti allergic like Levocetrizine 3. In cases, who don't respond to anti-allergic drugs, Fluticasone Nasal spray helps greatly. Share my opinion with your doctor. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy.