Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Have a head cold and my nose was bleeding alot

Have a head cold and my nose was bleeding alot

Patient: Have a head cold and my nose was bleeding alot then it stopped and got another one later on in the day, its May 31

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.Nose bleed known as Epistaxis occurs commonly due to following r easons:1. Sinusitis2. Nasal Polyposis3. High Blood pressure4. Bleeding disorders.So, I would advise you to see an ENT Specialist. He would examine you for any Nasal Polyposis. If not found, he would get following investigations done:1. X-ray PNS Water View2. Platelet count3. Bleeding and Clotting Time.4. Check your Blood pressure.If you are found to have sinusitis, I would advise following:1. To do steam inhalation 4-6 times a day.2. To take anti allergic like Levocetrizine3. In cases, who don’t respond to anti-allergic drugs, Fluticasone Nasal spray helps greatly.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.