Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Have a really hard time falling asleep For some odd

Have a really hard time falling asleep For some odd

Patient: Have a really hard time falling asleep. For some odd reason, I feel like I’m being watched. I have too many thoughts going throughout my mind. I am on a sleeping medicine but it isn’t working I’ve even tried taking more than prescribed. Also, I toss & turn a lot and as it gets later my legs start to get very uncomfortable & hurt a ton. Can you tell me what’s going on and how I can fix it? Please?

Symptoms: No sleep, legs hurt & uncomfortable

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.Following are the most common causes of disturbed sleep:1. Anx iety2. Alcohol consumption3. Smoking4. Snoring5. Obesity6. External noise disturbances.7. Sleeping for long in day time.You should evaluate your self, if you have any of these causes.I would advise you to get following tests done:1. Fasting Blood Sugar2. Thyroid Profile3. Hemogram4. Serum Calcium and Vitamin D levels.If you don’t have any of the mentioned causes and you also get the investigations normal, you would require to take a Psychiatrist help.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy