Have an uti

Patient: So I recently just went to the doctor for a uti infection, I’m taking the medication for 5 days twice a day, and I’m on my fourth day, but it feels like it hasn’t gone away. The irrational feeling.

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.If you are suffering from Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) you ne ed to be evaluated for the cause of UTO at your age and the cause should be treated otherwise, you will get prone to develop recurrent UTI.Most common causes of UTI are:1.Diabetes2.Stones in the renal tract3. Sexually transmitted.I would advise you following:1.Ultrasound Abdomen with KUB.2. Hemogram3. Urine culture.4. X-ray KUB.5. KFT.You would be treated based on size, site of stone.If Urine infection is found you would be given antibiotics based on culture report.This is my personal opinion for you based on available details.Stay Healthy.