Have bad allergies and a current sinus ibfection could this

Q: Have bad allergies and a current sinus ibfection. could this be the cause of coughing up sour tasting mucus and wheezing in throat

A:   Hi,

Thanks for the query at ATD.

I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.

Yes,sinus infection can cause these type of symptoms like mucus changes and wheezing but if wheezing is more than we have to go and see for lower respiratory tract infection.

Take steam inhalation along with antihistaminic,antiallergic and antibiotics to relief your symptoms.

Hope found useful, feel free to discuss more information.

Good luck.

Patient: was worried maybe throat infection or cancer. never had this metallic and sour taste. could.be thrush in esophagus or from clondamycin. wheezing in throat not chest. have some pics from roof of mouth but mostly stmptoms in throat
Patient: pics from throat. could nystatin cause taste
Doctor: Hi,
Thanks for the information.
The metallic taste in the mouth could be due to throat infection or it could be due to antibiotics.

The chances of throat cancer are very low in your case as your symptoms are suggested of throat infection.

Hope found useful.
Good luck.