Have been taking Depo Shot

Q: Since 2011 I have been taking the depo shot. My last shot was july of last year (2013) these past 4 months, my period has been normal (23 days apart and lasts about 6 days and they have been a normal flow) I was supposed to have my period last Thursday (4-17-14) but it only spotted the first day and only when I wiped. Is it possible that I could be pregnant?

Symptoms:  Moody (happy one minute, irritated the next for no reason) and very emotional
Very tired (barely want to do anything

A:   Thank you for your query.
Delay in periods can be due to various reasons. Pregnancy is one among them. Only with this we cannot for sure say if it is pregnancy or not .It is better to opt for a home pregnancy test which will show whether you are pregnant or not .Sometimes menstrual cycle can be delayed due to stress,strain,hormonal imbalance or excessive weight gain or loss, over exercise etc also.
Hope that answers your query .Have a good day