Have etching between my legs

Patient: Hi i have etching problem between my legs, also broken skin and lots of white dust from my skin, i was told to use e45 or other cream but is not helping. What can i do thank you

Doctor: Thank you for your question. The itching you are experiencing may be due to allergic dermatitis or due to a fungal infec tion. Since the itching has been so severe that your scratching is causing breakage of the skin, we recommend that you promptly go to your doctor to be evaluated. You will likely be prescribed a topical antiinflammatory cream containing a corticosteroid to reduce the inflammation and itching. If this is fungal, it will also contain an anti-fungal medication to kill the fungus causing this infection. Please refrain from excessively scratching as this will increase your risk of infection.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com