Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Have had a period in over 3 moths.

Have had a period in over 3 moths.

Patient: I havent had a period in over 3 months,not pregent either.whats going on

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you. I suppose you mean to say that you have not got your periods for 3 months and your pregnancy test is also negative. This problems can occur as a result of hormonal imbalance, excessive stress, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), Thyroid issues. So, you should get investigated. You would require to get an Ultrasound Pelvic organs to rule out Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and to get a thyroid profile done to rule out any evidence of Hypothyroidism. If any issues are found you would be treated accordingly.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.