Have had my tube tied clipped and burned for 13 years

Patient: My cycle was supposed to come on April 3rd. It’s been a no show. Was taking antibiotics for a toothache. I’ve had my tube tied clipped and burned for 13 years. Had an pregnancy in the tune b4. Help getting worried. I’ve never been this late.

Symptoms: Eating, sleepy, backache, headaches

Doctor: Thank you for your query.It is advisable that you opt for a blood test for βhCG which help you know if you are pr egnant or not. Wondering whether you had an ectopic pregnancy before or after the tubectomy was done. If the pregnancy test is positive it is suggested that you meet the obs/gym doctor who will do as scan to see the location of gestational sac. Generally if it is an ectopic pregnancy the βhCG levels will be rising slowly and will be detected late on a home pregnancy kit. Occasionally the periods may get delayed due to hormonal imbalance, stress, strain, etc also but since you had an ectopic pregnancy before (pregnancy in tube) it is suggested not to delay.Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.