Ask The Doctor > Pending > Have I got ADHD

Have I got ADHD

Patient: Hi Im a Pharmacology undergrad in year three of four in university in Ireland. Over the course of my degree, i have dealt with a lot of neuropharmacology. Recently I have begun to think I have ADHD. I know the symptoms and as a child I definitely had learning difficulties. At one stage a past teacher felt I was dyslexic. I do have problems with concentration and staying still while studying at my laptop, often getting side tracked and veering away from my studies. I am too embarrassed to tell my parents and I cannot afford to see a doctor my self. I also know that it is difficult to diagnose in adults. Would you agree with my concerns? Do I have ADHD? Would taking glutamine supplements help?

Symptoms: Inability to stay focused on one task for more than 30 minutes.
Constant movement in my seat
Restless
Hypersensitive hearing
Sloppy hand writing
Forgetful
High levels of procrastination
Always looking around observing my surroundings

Doctor: