Have I got depression?

Patient : Have I got depression? Im scared, tired, losing my a petite, lonely, angry, losing focus and ambition, crying, suddenly angry and panicky
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for choosing "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query. The symptoms that you have mentioned could be symp toms of depression. This will require proper treatment with antidepressants for 6-8 months at-least. The drugs useful for these illnesses are escitalopram, venlafaxine, desvenlafaxine, mirtazapine etc. These medicines need to be taken for 6-8 month and will start showing their effect in 3-4 weeks time. Along with these medicines you may also opt for cognitive behavioural therapy or supportive psychotherapy which will all help in early recovery. Do meet your doctor to discuss the mentioned options. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. Wish you good health!