Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Have I miscarried, bleeding during pregnancy

Have I miscarried, bleeding during pregnancy

Patient: I am about 6 weeks preg and i had a little water come out and slight bleeding after do y think i have misscarried

Doctor: Bleeding during the first trimester in pregnancy is relatively common and effects 20-30% of all pregnancies. Bleeding in the first trimester (first 3 months of pregnancy) could be due to several different factors. It is important to rule out a threatened miscarriage. Other causes are complete miscarriage, incomplete miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, molar pregnancy and post-coital bleed. Bleeding may also be unrelated to pregnancy as in infections and trauma to the vaginal wall. I would suggest that you immediately see your doctor for further evaluation.