Have ivory to skin coloured bumps about three or four

Patient

Q: Have ivory to skin coloured bumps about three or four under foreskin together on the right side of the penis on the top of the shaft. I have noticed them for months and it hasn't spread or gotten bigger that I have noticed. I kind of freaked out when I read on it yesterday and picked at it which is why it is redish... They are small and flat and smokth with a slight raise.. I am a sexually active person but use protection most of the time. I have had no symptoms no burning or itching or anything. Is this genital warts ?

Have ivory to skin coloured...-1
Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com
I am happy to help you.
Thanks for sharing the image and pointing out the bump so clearly too.
This does not look like genital warts at all. Warts do not look like that, they are longer and elongated and have a very typical characteristic. Moreover, the size keeps growing till Aldara is applied.

This looks like an allergy or now since you have picked on them, there is a possibility to develop a bacterial infection. If they are not growing in size and is not painful or does not cause any irritation, I will advise you to ignore them completely. Still, you can get it examined by a dermatologist and if required she can give you a prescription for Neosporin-H ointment, to see if it resolves the bumps.

I will like to add one more possibility. They could also be benign Fordyce spots, but looks a little irritated now, since you picked on them. This too does not require any medication.

Hope this was helpful to you,
I will be glad to help you further,
Regards.

Patient: Is it normal to have Fordyce spots there kind of randomly like that ? They look like little flat hair follicles like you would see on the shaft when I haven't picked at it
Doctor: Hello, yes, they can randomly show up like that. Moreover, your description that it looks like hair follicles confirm the possibility of Fordyce spots. That's exactly what they look like.

Regards.