Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Have just had a circumcision operation and dr said should

Have just had a circumcision operation and dr said should

Patient: Have just had a circumcision operation and dr said should be healed in a week well it’s been 6 days and am still in discomfort with a yellowish mark by my japs eye and bleeds ever so slightly when peeing. Is this infected ? Do I need to go back to the Drs ? Help please

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.After circumcision, the glans is exposed to the air for the first time hence the glans a nd the urethral tip all respond in a different way .Hence you are getting the problems you are facing.Apply Povidone iodine ointment and continue antibiotic orally , this will heal nicely.Hope this helps you.