Having a baby with my spouse

Patient: My spouse and I are trying to have a baby just over a year. He already has a daughter so i may have a problemany advise on what I should do.

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.If couple not able to conceive after one year with regular u nprotected intercourse history, that can be considered as infertility.The possible causes of infertility are gonadal hormonal imbalance which can cause irregular menstrual cycles, anovulation etc, fallopian tubal block, uterine causes like endometrial abnormalities, fibroids, adhesions etc, thyroid hormonal or prolactin level abnormalities giving rise to irregular periods etc.By physical examination and by investigations like ultrasound, hysterosalpingography, gonadal hormonal analysis, thyroid profile, prolactin levels estimation etc the possible cause of the problem can be identified and treatment can be planned accordingly.So, please do consult your doctor and get evaluated.Take care