Having a back pain I have never experienced before

Patient : I have a pain in my lower back left side right about the lower part of my rib cage.
Symptoms:  The pain is minimal when I am sitting. It gets aggravated when I bend over to do anything. I can make it hurt by standing with my elbows on a counter and lift my left leg off the floor. It does feel like a pulled muscle but seems to come and go not like a pulled muscle. I sleep fine at night with no pain thinking it has gone away but when I go to work and bend at the waist for almost anything it reaggravates it. not sure what to try next. trying to avoid another doctors visit