Having a cold and drinking

Patient

Q: Our friend has been sick the past few days, and is now on her period. Yesterday she took some DayQuil; then last night she went out and consumed various types of alcoholic beverages. She threw up twice last night, and 3 times since she woke up this morning at 11. She tried eating, and threw up. She tried brushing her teeth and threw up. We're really worried about her and don't know what to do. Please tell us what we should do. Should we take her to the hospital?

Doctor

A:   I don't really see a need to go to the hospital. It seems like your friend has drank too much alcohol especially being sick. Keep getting her some gatorade and water and try and force her to sleep it off. If her condition is still not getting better by the evening, i suggest taking her to the doctor. Hope this helps.