Having a lot of anxiety

Q: I know you will say to go to the doctors, which Im going to but my anxiety is driving me crazy about this and I need some reassurance because it may be a few more weeks until I get a check up. I'm a 15 year old girl and last summer I did a few sexual things with my exboyfriend, we didn't have sex and I didnt perform oral sex but he did to me (don't want to go into detail) anyway it was in about August. The same month I went out of town and I ate a lot of junk food. Now I have REALLYsevere eczema and when I eat sweets my eczema flares up like crazy, so I had an area of eczema near my crotch and my eczema flared up and I got new patches and then these bumps appeared on my vulva. I assumed it was eczema of course so I didn't think much of it. However when the eczema patch down there cleared up the bumps hadn't gone away. I don't know why I didnt tell my mother or something but I honestly didnt think much of it mainly because they didnt itch, weren't blisters/pimples/warts, they didnt irritate me AT ALL it was just a small cluster of bumps. Now it's February and my mother and I were talking about STDs and it made me think of the bumps (that had not cleared up or worsened, they actually MAY have gotten better between now and August) so of course me being paranoid, did ALOT of research of what the bumps could possibly be. I looked at herpes/HPV/genital warts but it doesnt seem like I have any of those although I think HPV/Genital Warts is a possibility. The bumps are skin colored, soft but KIND OF hard when you touch it, like I said they don't hurt at all and they're not like cysts. There isn't any visible "liquid" inside and it doesn't look or feel like it can even be popped. What do you think?

A:   Hi.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

Allergic eczema occurs when you come into direct contact with an allergen. This type of allergic reaction is known as delayed allergy because it can take several exposures to the allergen to cause a reaction. Also, the symptoms of allergic eczema may not develop for 24 to 48 hours after you have come in contact with the allergen.
Although allergic eczema can develop because of an immune response to any substance, some common triggers include: nickel, which is found in earrings, jewelry, belt buckles, and metal buttons on jeans, perfumes found in cosmetics, certain clothing dyes, hairdressing chemicals and hair dye, latex, adhesives, antibiotic creams or ointments used on the skin such as neomycin, Allergic eczema may also result when the skin is exposed to chemicals in the presence of sunlight. The symptoms of allergic eczema will be different for each person. They may also change over time.

Common symptoms include:
itching of the skin, a burning sensation or pain on the skin, red bumps on the skin that may ooze (weep), drain, or crust, warm, tender skin, skin that becomes scaly, raw, or thickened, skin that becomes dry, red, or rough, inflammation of the skin, cuts (fissures) in the skin, skin rash. doctor will examine your skin. Although your doctor may be able to diagnose an allergic reaction, he or she may need to do further testing to determine exactly what you are allergic to. Treatment for allergic eczema depends on the severity of your symptoms. In all cases, it is important to wash the affected skin with plenty of water to remove traces of the allergen. If your symptoms are mild and do not bother you, no further treatment may be needed. You may wish to use a moisturizing cream to keep the skin hydrated and to repair damage. If your symptoms are severe, your Doctor may recommend prescription-strength ointments or creams. Corticosteroid pills or a shot can also be prescribed if needed.

Hope this helps.
All the best.