Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Having a problem breathing

Having a problem breathing

Patient: Hello i was wondering what breathing problem i have. So whenever i workout i hear like a secondary breath. What might that be?

Doctor: Welcome To Ask The Doctor.I suppose you develop wheezes during exercise. Wheezes are actually due to narrowing or vaso constriction of respiratory passage.Now this requires evaluation.If this develops only during exercise then at your age , the probable cause is Bronchial Asthma.See your doctor, he would examine your chest, will order a Chest Xray and Pulmonary Function Test for you.If the investigations suggest bronchial asthma, you would be treated for that based on the severity.I hope the information helps.Stay Healthy.