Having a problem with my peroid

Patient

Q: Hello, My Name is Nicki and I have a problem with my period . It was supposed to come in the middle of this month , but till now didn't which is I am really worried. I also get brown period which is I didn't used to get that.

Doctor

A:   Hi,
Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes like gonadal hormonal imbalance due to weight changes, stress and strain, polycystic ovary disease etc, thyroid hormonal imbalance, prolactin level abnormalities etc.
Brown color of the discharge usually indicates collected blood, that may not be having any specific significance.
If there is a possibility of pregnancy, go for a urine test to rule out pregnancy once.
If there is no possibility of pregnancy, as you crossed two weeks after expected date of periods, better to get evaluated.
Consult your doctor once, get examined and go for an ultrasound.
With this, the possible cause of your problem can be identified and you can take tablets for withdrawal bleeding.
Take care.