Having chest pains, heavyness,heart palitations mostly at ni

Patient: Having chest pains, heavyness,heart palitations mostly at night and had 3 blackouts in past month, what could this mean, very weak and tired.

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.You seem to be suffering from Anxiety and this feeling of heart racing is called as “Palpitations” Palpitations can be because of Anxiety,Thyroid issues, medicines, alcohol and smoking, arrhythmia’s and a lot other causes. It seems to be anxiety in your case. However, it is always better to be sure.I would advise you to get investigated for Thyroid issues and cardiac issues.You would require to get:1. Thyroid Profile2. ECGIf any issues are found in ECG then an ECHO will be required. If your thyroid profile and ECG are normal, you just need to take care of your anxiety. You should start practicing yoga and meditation.Avoid excess of caffeine. I would advise you strongly not to consume alcohol and do smoking in case you do. In severe cases, we prescribe to our patients Propanolol (after being sure that these issues are not due to any cardiac or lungs problem) which helps in controlling anxiety symptoms.Share my opinion with your doctor, i am hopeful, he will agree to my advise.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy