Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Having pains on my right side Hurts but eases when

Having pains on my right side Hurts but eases when

Patient: Having pains on my right side. Hurts but eases when I don’t move.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query, albeit short and not fully informative.You have given a history of pain on the right si de, which hurts on moving and eases when you do not move.My thoughts:Whether this is about the chest or abdomen, the pain coming on movement is an indication that you should see your Doctor.He shall do a clinical evaluation, actual physical examination, investigations and give you prescription based treatment on better diagnosis.For the success of any treatment a proper diagnosis is very important.I hope this answer helps you.