Having persistent LUQ pain, tums help but it shouldn't be

Patient

Q: Having persistent LUQ pain, tums help but it shouldn't be happening this much. Usually sharp pain.

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Left sided pain in the upper quadrant can be a stomach issue or a spleen issue. In these cases, you may have injured or damaged the organ. It is also possible that you have a disease affected that region.

Please get a complete blood count done to help and also get a abdominal system examination. If your Doctor does not find anything with the abdomen exam, then you may need a sonography to help you to reach a diagnosis. Hope this helps you. All the best.