Having post surgery knee issues

Q: I am a 31 year old male, who just three years ago was training for a marathon. I was a college athlete, and have always taken care of myself. 18 months ago I was playing basketball, jump for a rebound, and heard a "pop" in my knee. After 6 months of trying to "walk it off" I found myself getting a surgical consultation. 30 days later, I was having granulated tissue removed from behind my patella tendon and having the tear in the tendon repaired. After 20 visits to physical therapy, and over 7 months of healing, I still couldn't walk without a sever limp. I couldn't walk down stairs, and I could jog, run, or jump. I visited my surgeon again. 30 days later, I was having more "bad tissue" removed and getting a lateral release in the same knee. That was two months ago, with physical therapy everyday. I am still on crutches, can't walk, and can't stand without holding onto a wall. I can't do much of anything. Between the ages of 18 and 28 I was between 9-14% body fat, weighed between 180 and 215 pounds, and was a competitive athlete. Today, I am 31, haven't walked without assistance in a year, and weigh nearly 300 pounds. The surgeon says x-rays and MRI's don't show any further injuries or issues in my knee, yet my range of motion is minimal at best. My knee remains substantially swollen. I am looking for any thoughts, advice, or medical knowledge. My life is unlivable right now due to this injury.

A:   First of all, you have to get a consultation with a nutritionist, so you can as soon as possible begin a diet that help you to lose weight,  because It is a very well known fact that the sustained overweight and lack of exercise can cause problems in the weight bearing joints like Knees, Hips, Ankles and also Lumbar Spine. In the view of your normal results of X-rays and MRI, after your consultation with a nutritionist or dietitian, combine the prescribed diet along with a consistent exercise routine, for example, try walking every day at your own pace, emphasize ROM(range of motion) exercises for the knee , and strengthening quadriceps. For the pain and inflammation management: you can take anti inflammatory medication( "Aleve", "Motrin") and also try physical therapy. You will have to get yourself going again, little by little, until you overcome your present situation.