Having rib pain on my upper left side

Patient

Q: RIB PAIN---( what is going on with my ribs/back/chest?!?) Hi i am 16 year old female, who has done sports all my life and gymnastics was my last sport so far i have had many injures but for a little less than a year now i have been having awful back/rib pain on my left and right side i went to therapy and it helped i small bit on the right side but the left see still hurts a lot through daily activites. i had my back x rayed but they said they saw nothing the pain is still there and changes from an achy to a full out stinging/stabing, the pain starts in my upper ribcage right around the breast and is about 4 fingers wide of pain with a strip of pain that travels to my back. i have been trying to find out any clues to what this could be or if i can take the pain down a few notches with out medication 24/7 for everyday.

Symptoms:  Symtoms: Pain level: 7-8, mostly on left side near breast, staging and aching pain, had it for about 8 months, hurts with everyday activities
Doctor

Thanks for your query
I have gone through your query and understand your concern.
First possibility is muscular pain as your x ray is normal. Rest and analgesic such as ibuprofen is of help. Vitamin B and C is helpful in recovery.
Second possibility is vitamin D3 deficiency. You can get its level and if it is low you can take its supplements.
You are advised to get your thyroid function test ( T3, T4 and TSH) done to exclude the hypothyroidism which can also cause such pains.
Hope your query get answered. Wishing you a good health. Take care.