Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Having sevier mid left abdominal pain that comes and goes

Having sevier mid left abdominal pain that comes and goes

Patient: Having sevier mid left abdominal pain that comes and goes. feels like my ribs are twisted around themselves

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.You seem to be suffering from Acid Reflux. However, yo u should also get evaluated for Gall Bladder stones. You should get an Ultrasound Abdomen done to rule out any other issue like Cholelithiasis or Pancreatitis. If your Ultrasound is normal, you would require treatment for Acid reflux only.I would advise following in such scenario to take a combination of Omeprazole and Domperidone.You should take soft, bland diet as spicy food aggravates acidity. In case of acute pain, you can take anti flatulent syrup like Digene or Gelusil. In people whom the problem persists even after this treatment and no other cause is found on Ultrasound then Upper GI Endoscopy is indicated to rule out Gastric/Duodenal Ulcers infected with h.pylori.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy