Having sex while pregnant with twins

Patient

Q: Hello I am 28 weeks pregnant with twins and 2 weeks ago I found out I lost one baby. I was just curious if it is safe to have sex?

Symptoms:  Curious
Doctor

A:   Hi
Thank you for the question,

There are lots of psychological and physical benefits of sex so pregnancy is not a reason to stop. And you may find that being free from worries about conception and contraception, you feel sexier than ever. Some researchers even think that women who have regular sex during pregnancy may be less likely to give birth prematurely. Fear of hurting your baby can be one of the most common reasons to avoid sex during pregnancy. You won't hurt your baby by making love, even with your partner on top. The thick mucus plug that seals your cervix helps guard against infection. The amniotic sac and the strong muscles of your womb (uterus) also protect your baby.

I hope this will help you. Have a nice day.