Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Having sharp pains in my left shoulder blade

Having sharp pains in my left shoulder blade

Patient: Having sharp pains in my left shoulder blade. I was sitting at my desk doing homework when the pain started. Could this be from slouching too much? I’m involved in sports and am doing physical activities everyday for about 2 hours.

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to be suffering from Acute Muscular Pain.For acute muscular pain I advis e following:1. A combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside.2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.Your pain would start getting better in 5 days.Share my opinion with your Doctor before you act upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.