Having symptoms of pregnancy?

Patient

Q: I have had a very acidic tummy and vomiting, my back is so painful i am a beauty therapist but the past few week this has been so bad i have done this job for 10 years and never had back ache like this i have a uti and thrush. i have never had thrush before. a few times i have smelled some food and could bairly stop my self being sick at the smell of food i usually like.i have had a period and been to the doctor i got a pregnancy test it was negitive all this to me is very abnormal and points to pregnancy as far as i can see but surley if i was pregnant it would show up on a test by now? but my question is can it take longer to show up i had puprotected sex on the 30th of jan or is this something else? coz thats like 2 months ago

Doctor

A:   If you would have been pregnant it should have shown up in your blood test for pregnancy, that you got done on your previous visit to your doctor. It seems that the infections and the fishy odour of the thrush has made you sick producing the symptoms of nausea, vomiting, fever, loss of appetite, smell dislike etc. You need to continue on the treatment of these infections which would slowly improve your symptoms with the clearing of the infection.

If you would have been pregnant it should have shown up in your blood test for pregnancy, that you got done on your previous visit to your doctor. It seems that the infections and the fishy odour of the thrush has made you sick producing the symptoms of nausea, vomiting, fever, loss of appetite, smell dislike etc. You need to continue on the treatment of these infections which would slowly improve your symptoms with the clearing of the infection.