HCG DIET & INJECTIONS BEFORE SURGERY?

Patient

Q: I am having breast augmentation and lipo suction surgery in 13 days. I have 10 days left on my hcg diet and injections. I am not taking any diet medication. Should it be safe for me to finish my last 10 days?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. We recommend that you refrain from any of these diet supplementations prior to surgery and inform your surgeon that you have been taken them. These supplements have not been approved or tested by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration), and their quality, safety, and efficacy vary from brand to brand. For this reason we strongly encourage you to cease using these supplements and inform your surgeon.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com